How to choose the right type of eyeglasses frame for your particular face
It is our ultimate goal to find the right frame shape for your face. We know that your face is unique. Choosing the frame that's right for you doesn't have to be difficult and of course we cannot choose it for you, because it is all about what you like, and what looks good on you.
SpecMakers.com believe consumers should be well informed when purchasing eyeglasses, so we have put together very detailed explanations to help you, on how to choose the right type of frame for your particular face.
Normally you can do a better job of choosing the right frame that really suits you, than the average sales assistant. Take your time to discover what colour, style of frame and construction will suit you the best. It will be well worth the effort.
Our Cosmo range of frames has been chosen from the top manufactures in the world and will satisfy the most demanding customer, but its up to you, to choose the ultimate fashion statement in your choice of frames.
The information here will assist you in choosing the most flattering frames.
- The top of the frames should be no higher than the line of your eyebrows.
- The lower edge of the frames should not sit on your cheeks, so make sure that when you smile they dont touch and irritate.
- Choose a size of frame that is in proportion to your face - if you have a small face, don't choose large glasses.
- The frames should not be wider than the overall width of your face at the temples.
Seven basic shapes
Every face is one of seven basic shapes: diamond, heart, pyramid, oval, rectangular, round or square . See the descriptions of these face shapes and which types of frames will work for your particular face.
There are three keys to choosing the correct eyeglass frame for your face shape:
- The frame shape should contrast with the face shape.
- The frame size should be in scale with the face size.
- Eyeglasses should repeat your personal best feature (such as a brown frame to match brown eyes).
Picking out eyeglass frames can be overwhelming, but read on - help is at hand
Five Tips to Help You Look Fabulous
- Eyeglass frames should complement your face shape, features and colouring.
- Frames must fit you properly to work right and look good.
- They should match your lifestyle.
- Certain prescriptions work better with certain frames.
- Frames vary with different materials, so make sure its the frame that suits your face.